Step 1: Design course. Before you begin working in Canvas, we recommend you think through your course by completing the Course Development Worksheet. When you complete this worksheet, you will be armed with a map of your course content and structure so that you're ready to dive into the course build.
Download and complete the Course Development Worksheet to plan the design of your online course. The worksheet guides you through course design and development essentials, such as:
- identifying your course outcomes
- drafting your weekly topics and learning objectives
- listing readings and videos
- drafting assignments
- investigating instructional technologies
- aligning all content with your course outcomes
- Consult with an Instructional Designer along the way to make sure you're on track.
Timeline. Give yourself a couple of weeks to complete this worksheet.
Need more help? Check out these links: