Instruction Junction at The College
Resources, training, and support for instructors teaching online and on campus
Course development and design support
Follow the four steps of course development:
Tools and technology support
Use tools that support knowledge retention and student engagement.
- find instructions for exactly what you need to do in Canvas
- choose from a list of available tools to use in your courses
- access the ASU LMS knowledge base articles and Canvas guides
- reach technical support
Talk to another human being about your course or program.
- sign up for trainings
- schedule an instructional design consultation
- discuss resources available to you
- network and reflect with fellow instructors and course designers
Teaching and pedagogical support
You are the subject expert, but you may be interested in learning more about pedagogy and learning strategies.
- use Bloom's Taxonomy to improve learning outcomes
- applying the Quality Matters rubric
- read resources about online teaching best practices